The Sierra Club, the nation’s oldest, largest, and most influential grassroots environmental organization, is seeking a independent, dedicated, skilled individual as a Conservation Program Coordinator for the Ohio Chapter’s Clean Water Campaign. The Conservation Program Coordinator while be part time 20 hrs a week with benefits. The Coordinator will work from home with frequent travel throughout North East Ohio and to Columbus.
Interested? Apply to Today, the Deadline is Jan 20th!!!
Interested candidates should have BA/BS degree in Environmental Studies or a closely related field, at least 1-2 years of experience recruiting and working with volunteers in the environmental, political or other similar arenas. Candidates should have excellent written and oral communications skills, knowledge of environmental issues, demonstrated ability to work effectively with volunteers and to mobilize community activism. Applicants must be proficient in Microsoft office suite, social media networking, and web based content management systems.
Job activities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with coalition building, issue research, and event planning.
- Identifying funding and grants sources to advance conservation priorities.
- Working independently and as part of team in order to achieve campaign goals.
- Updating website and social media accounts regularly.
- Creating flyers, brochures, post cards, and educational materials.
- Writing newsletter articles and press releases.
- Creating Convio emails, action alerts, and events.
- Coordinating media outreach and inquiries.
- Presenting to community, political, and governmental bodies
- Collaborating efforts with national, chapter and group staff
- Recruiting new members, volunteers, and leaders
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to Tony Szilagye, Ohio Chapter Conservation Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is Jan 20th, 2012. Part time position, 20 hours/week including evening and some weekend hours. Currently funded for 1 year but may be extended. Frequent travel to sierra club group meetings transportation requiered. Competitive salary, with benefits.
Sierra Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Ohio Chapter Sierra Club, 131 N. High St. Columbus Oh 43215