On June 17th, Ohioans will be gathering in Columbus to tell Gov. Kasich: Don’t Frack Ohio! In one of the biggest anti-fracking actions to date in the United States, we will take over the Ohio statehouse to hold a people’s assembly to pass the legislation that we think Ohioans need to protect our state from the gas industry.
Sign Up for the Rally June 17th, 11:00 am at Arch Park in Downtown Columbus.
WHAT: Don’t Frack Ohio Rally and People’s Assembly
WHERE: McPherson Commons (aka Arch Park) in Downtown Columbus Ohio
WHEN: Rally begins at 11 AM at the commons, followed by a march and takeover of the Statehouse. We’ll march back and finish at the commons by 3 PM
WHO: The Ohio anti-fracking movement joined by allies from across the country as well as Bill McKibben from 350.org and Josh Fox, director of Gasland
Join us in Columbus June 14th-17th
Also, 350.org is finalizing plans for training and strategy sessions, which will be held from the 14th to the 16th at the Ohio State Urban Arts Center in Downtown Columbus. Here’s what is planned:
Thursday June 14th, beginning at 11 AM
- Presentation on the overall state of fracking in Ohio
- Strategy Sessions and campaign updates led by local organizers from across Ohio
- Trainings on campaign strategy and tactics
- Art Build: big props for the action on Sunday
- Movie or Speakers, TBA
Friday, June 15th, beginning at 9 AM
- SB 315 and the politics of fracking
- Trainings on identifying allies in the fight against fracking
- Workshops on local strategies, faith organizing, legal tactics and more
- De-escalation and march marshal trainings
- Art build: signs and banners
- Local bands and dance party!
Saturday, June 16th, beginning at 9 AM
- Non-violent direct action training
- March in Pride Parade
- Continue workshops from Friday
- Intensive trainings on direct action and strategy
- Panel with Bill McKibben, Josh Fox and others TBA.
Sunday, June 17th, beginning at 11 AM – Action!