MAY 7th – Families from across the state will travel to their Ohio State House in Columbus to show broad and united support for children’s health. Together, we will demand action to protect the air our children breathe–both indoor and outdoor–and call for action on climate change. Please join us as we tell our state leaders that parents are paying attention to their actions. It’s time we unite for strong policies that protect the health and welfare of our families. Can’t make it? Join the virtual MAMA SUMMIT.
Do you enjoy the summer butterflies? Well, as these pollinator populations dwindle, the OhioDepartment of Agriculture and Wayne National Forest are planning to spray a dangerous insecticide called BtK all over Ohio to decrease the Gypsy Moth, a non-native moth that impacts trees through eating of leaves. Unfortunately, BtK doesn’t just kill the Gypsy Moth – it could wipe out every type of butterfly or moth it touches. Read More
Don’t Frack Ohio June 14-17th (Columbus)
June 5th, 2012
On June 17th, Ohioans will be gathering in Columbus to tell Gov. Kasich: Don’t Frack Ohio! In one of the biggest anti-fracking actions to date in the United States, we will take over the Ohio statehouse to hold a people’s assembly to pass the legislation that we think Ohioans need to protect our state from the gas industry.
WHAT: Don’t Frack Ohio Rally and People’s Assembly
WHERE: McPherson Commons (aka Arch Park) in Downtown Columbus Ohio
WHEN: Rally begins at 11 AM at the commons, followed by a march and takeover of the Statehouse. We’ll march back and finish at the commons by 3 PM
WHO: The Ohio anti-fracking movement joined by allies from across the country as well as Bill McKibben from 350.org and Josh Fox, director of Gasland
Also, 350.org is finalizing plans for training and strategy sessions, which will be held from the 14th to the 16th at the Ohio State Urban Arts Center in Downtown Columbus. Here’s what is planned:
Thursday June 14th, beginning at 11 AM
- Presentation on the overall state of fracking in Ohio
- Strategy Sessions and campaign updates led by local organizers from across Ohio
- Trainings on campaign strategy and tactics
- Art Build: big props for the action on Sunday
- Movie or Speakers, TBA
Friday, June 15th, beginning at 9 AM
- SB 315 and the politics of fracking
- Trainings on identifying allies in the fight against fracking
- Workshops on local strategies, faith organizing, legal tactics and more
- De-escalation and march marshal trainings
- Art build: signs and banners
- Local bands and dance party!
Saturday, June 16th, beginning at 9 AM
- Non-violent direct action training
- March in Pride Parade
- Continue workshops from Friday
- Intensive trainings on direct action and strategy
- Panel with Bill McKibben, Josh Fox and others TBA.
Sunday, June 17th, beginning at 11 AM – Action!