Ohio DNR wants to clear-cut and burn it’s way through Ohio’s natural forests. Take action
The Great Lakes are a national treasure, and economically support a $7 billion fishing industry, $16 billion boating industry, and 1.5 million jobs. The introduction of Asian carp and other species puts the well-being of our communities, wildlife, and waters at risk.
The Ohio Chapter’s Agriculture Committee works to address environmental and public health concerns by:
• Working in partnership with statewide groups to challenge factory farm expansions or new facilities proposed in Ohio communities.
• Urging state agencies and lawmakers to support requirements that prevent factory farm pollution, and ensure adequate enforcement of laws.
• Encouraging proper labeling of food products to inform consumers about the presence of antibiotics and hormones.
• Encouraging local, sustainable food production such as organic farms, school gardens and community gardens in vacant lots.
• Educating the public about the impacts of our food decisions on global climate change.
Want to join our work?
The Agriculture Committee invites you to get involved. Contact Tony Szilagye to find out how you can help.