Just because gas prices have dropped doesn’t mean Ohio should build more highways. Recently, 700 Sierra Club members commented on the Ohio Department of Transportation’s (ODOT) 2014 Statewide Transit Needs Study. Now we have the opportunity to weigh in on the specific projects that ODOT will fund in 2015-2018.
We hope you can join the Sierra Club for our annual Chapter Retreat. As one of the largest and most influential environmental organizations in the state, this is the time each year where we celebrate our victories, renew our spirits, and make our plans the year ahead. All are welcome, and meals will be provided for members who register.
The Sierra Club Ohio Chapter Energy Committee is made up of members and supporters across the state working to promote smart energy solutions and reduce impacts of climate disruption.
The Ohio Chapter collaborates with our partners to:
- Advocate for strong implementation of Ohio’s new energy efficiency and renewable energy standards
- Participate in stakeholder collaboratives hosted by First Energy, AEP, Duke, and Dayton Power and Light to promote utility investments in energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Push for policies that will require new construction to be more sustainable and energy efficient
- Educate Ohioans on how to reduce energy consumption in their own homes and workplaces
- Provide educational and timely updated information to members and interested parties
To get involved with the committee and participate in our monthly Tuesday conference calls, contact the Energy Committee Chair Dave Simons.