Do you enjoy the summer butterflies? Well, as these pollinator populations dwindle, the OhioDepartment of Agriculture and Wayne National Forest are planning to spray a dangerous insecticide called BtK all over Ohio to decrease the Gypsy Moth, a non-native moth that impacts trees through eating of leaves. Unfortunately, BtK doesn’t just kill the Gypsy Moth – it could wipe out every type of butterfly or moth it touches. Read More
The Great Lakes are a national treasure, and economically support a $7 billion fishing industry, $16 billion boating industry, and 1.5 million jobs. The introduction of Asian carp and other species puts the well-being of our communities, wildlife, and waters at risk.
The Sierra Club Ohio Chapter Energy Committee is made up of members and supporters across the state working to promote smart energy solutions and reduce impacts of climate disruption.
The Ohio Chapter collaborates with our partners to:
- Advocate for strong implementation of Ohio’s new energy efficiency and renewable energy standards
- Participate in stakeholder collaboratives hosted by First Energy, AEP, Duke, and Dayton Power and Light to promote utility investments in energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Push for policies that will require new construction to be more sustainable and energy efficient
- Educate Ohioans on how to reduce energy consumption in their own homes and workplaces
- Provide educational and timely updated information to members and interested parties
To get involved with the committee and participate in our monthly Tuesday conference calls, contact the Energy Committee Chair Dave Simons.