Forest and Public Lands Committee
The Ohio Chapter Forest and Public Lands Committee works with members and organizational allies who have a common interest in preserving Ohio’s forests and public lands for existing and future generations. The committee welcomes new volunteers to help us move forward the following goals:
- Protect Ohio’s state forests, parks, and nature preserves from harmful activities such as clear-cutting, mineral extraction, and oil and gas drilling.
- Promote the sustainable and beneficial use of public lands, such as low-impact recreation, species habitat, carbon sequestration, and clean air and water.
- Participate in forest planning processes with Ohio Department of Natural Resources, and encourage widespread public input on proposals that impact our state forests, parks, and nature preserves.
- Participate in hikes and encourage public appreciation of Ohio’s valuable forests and outdoor areas.
- Study the environmental impacts of using forest biomass as a potential fuel source, and participate in existing Chapter efforts to address issues surrounding biomass.
Contact Loraine McCosker, Forest Committee Chair, to learn more and to get involved today.