Sewage overflows continued to plague Ohio this spring, and Cincinnati led the way.Did you know that Ohio leads the nation in Combined Sewer Overflows, and that Cincinnati is the third worst city in the country?
Keep Radioactive Fracking Waste out of Ohio’s Landfills
The fracking industry has a problem – it generates toxic, radioactive waste in the forms of mud from drilling, and liquid from the chemical cocktails used to get fossil fuels from deep underground – and they don’t know where to put it.
95% of Carroll depends on groundwater and yet, over the next ten years, ODNR will allow 2,000 unconventional gas wells and permit an underground coal mine without informing the public about potential impacts on water quality.
The Sierran is the Sierra Club Ohio Chapter newsletter, focusing on Chapter activities and recent environmental news. Contact Jeff Pinson if you would like to submit an event, article or story idea.
Download the latest issue of the Ohio Sierran.
- Ohio-Sierran March-April 2012
- Ohio-Sierran January-February 2012
- Ohio-Sierran November-December 2011
- Ohio-Sierran September-October 2011
- Ohio-Sierran July-August 2011
- Ohio-Sierran May-June 2011
- Ohio-Sierran Mar-Apr 2011
- Ohio-Sierran Jan-Feb 2011
- Ohio Sierran September- October 2010
- Ohio Sierran July-August 2010
- Ohio Sierran May-June 2010
- Ohio Sierran Mar-Apr 2010
- Ohio Sierran Jan-Feb 2010
- Ohio Sierran Nov-Dec 2009
- Ohio Sierran Sept-Oct 2009
- Ohio Sierran July-Aug 2009
- Ohio Sierran May-June 2009
- Ohio Sierran Mar-Apr 2009
- Ohio Sierran Jan-Feb 2009
- Ohio Sierran Nov-Dec 2008
- Ohio Sierran Sept-Oct 2008
- Ohio Sierran July-Aug 2008
- Ohio Sierran May-June 2008
- Ohio Sierran Mar-Apr 2008
- Ohio Sierran Jan-Feb 2008